Shipping Receiving Lead
G & V Machine Company located in Ixonia, Wisconsin is looking to hire a Shipping & Receiving helper. G & V Machine Co. is a family owned contract machining business that offers many services to a diverse customer base including: construction, agriculture, off highway trucking, and other OEM industries.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily shipping, including but not limited to preparing items for shipment, comparing indentifying information, counting, weighing or measuring items, calling freight carriers, proper packaging, packing slips, bill of ladings, shipping labels, bar codes, ASN’s, UPS shipments, final examination of out going shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications, completion of computer work and loading trucks.
- Back up for all aspects of daily receiving, including but not limited to UPS, unloading trucks, weighing and labeling containers, completion of computer work and proper paperwork.
- Lift truck operation. Proper daily and weekly lift truck maintenance.
- Perform dock maintenance per illustration posted by dock and record on log.
- May package, stack, assemble, disassemble, bundle or band materials using appropriate tools.
- Performs cycle counting as requested.
- Performs year-end physical inventory.
- Keeps shipping area clean and organized. Snow removal and salting of shipping area when needed.
Qualifications to include a high school diploma or GED equivalent as well as the ability to provide great attention to detail, and capability of multi-tasking. The is a great way to get your foot in the door with many possibilities for growth in the future.
Looking for someone with years of experience in Shipping Receiving.
The position pays $16-$19 per hour (based on experience) and would be working full time on 1st shift.
G & V prides itself on our full benefit package offered to employees which includes:
- Great health plan that has zero co-pay charges for office visits
- Choice of 2 Dental plans
- tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year for continuing education
- Vision plan
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Perfect attendance program
- 401k with company match (Roth or Pre-tax)
- Vacation at 6 months
- We offer a $2,500 referral bonus (when an employee refers a new employee, that is given to both the current and the new employee at the 6-month anniversary).
- Other perks include: safety lunches, holiday lunches, holiday pay, annual employee/family outings.