G & V Machine Company located in Ixonia, Wisconsin is looking to hire a Shipping & Receiving helper. G & V Machine Co. is a family owned contract machining business that offers many services to a diverse customer base including: construction, agriculture, off highway trucking, and other OEM industries.
Job responsibilities include:
- Generates CMM programs that measure dimensions of a part and evaluates tolerances of specifications to verify compliance.
- Develops programs, with engineering assistance, to qualify fixtures and/or tooling.
- Revises CMM programs per print changes or to analyze, review and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency
- Instruct technicians to use new or revised CMM programs
- Review with engineering part processing, fixture clamping and customer drawing to establish planes and datums.
- May direct and coordinate work of others to write, test and modify CMM programs.
- Maintain tip calibration files per CMM and backup files/programs on a regular schedule.
- Instructs technicians in new or best measurement systems and techniques.
- Assists print interpretation to inspectors and machinists.
- Assist in the duties of a QA Technician as needed.
Technical degree in QA (or related field) or 2 plus years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance.
Ability to clearly communicate with employees, peers, management and with customers.
Good mechanical aptitude, shop mathematics and understands machining processes.
Outgoing personality and ability to motivate people.
Ability to calibrate and adjust basic gauging equipment.
Advanced print reading, specification interpretation and advanced CMM principles.
Knowledge of CMM software commands and ability to execute computerized programs.
The CMM programmer is paid approximately $20-$24 per hour (based on experience) and would be working full time on 3rd shift.
We offer a variety of excellent benefits to our employees including:
- Great health plan that has zero co-pay charges for office visits
- Choice of 2 Dental plans
- Vision plan
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Perfect attendance program
- 401k with company match (Roth or Pre-tax)
- Vacation at 6 months
- We offer a $2,500 referral bonus (when an employee refers a new employee, that is given to both the current and the new employee at the 6-month anniversary). Other perks include: safety lunches, holiday lunches, holiday pay, annual employee/family outings, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year for continuing education.