3rd Shift Supervisor
G & V Machine Company located in Ixonia, Wisconsin is looking to hire a 3rd shift supervisor will manage the night shift. G & V Machine Co. is a family owned contract machining business that offers many services to a diverse customer base including construction, agriculture, off highway trucking, and other OEM industries.
This qualified candidate will be reporting to the Plant Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Monitor and assist with setups, efficiency rate, and indirect labor of production employees (Machine operators and machinists, operating machining centers & lathes).
- Coordinate effective machine and employee utilization to achieve production goals.
- Coordinate and assist with training and development
- Assist the Material Handler in coordinating efficient flow of materials.
- Document and maintain vacation and attendance occurrences
- Perform minor maintenance on machines.
- Coordinate and perform employee meetings
- Perform documentation and investigation of on-the-job accidents.
- Assist Product Engineering with new product start-up.
- Member of the Safety committee.
- Document and notify the appropriate people of all machine problems and accidents.
- Initiates personnel actions and performs scheduled performance reviews.
- Note the job duties may change at any time
Qualifications to include experience in a manufacturing environment, good mechanical aptitude, manual and CNC experience. Supervisor experience required. This candidate will work independently and have a strong sense of urgency.
The Supervisor is paid approximately $23.00-$30.00 per hour (based on experience) and would be working full time on 3rd shift from approximately 10pm-6am. (3rd shift has a 10% shift premium). We offer a variety of excellent benefits to our employees including:
- Great health plan that has zero co-pay charges for office visits
- Choice of 2 Dental plans
- Vision plan
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Perfect attendance program
- 401k with company match (Roth or Pre-tax)
- Vacation at 6 months
- We offer a $2,500 referral bonus (when an employee refers a new employee, that is given to both the current and the new employee at the 6-month anniversary). Other perks include: safety lunches, holiday lunches, holiday pay, annual employee/family outings, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year for continuing education.