CNC Machinist Set-up
- Perform setups within posted rates with minimal scrap, and minimum machine spindle down time.
- Utilize provided documentation (setup sheets, quality plans, and routings), to gather and organize all equipment needed (fixtures, lathe jaws, drill presses, tooling, inserts, etc.) to be able perform setups in a minimum amount of time.
- Run equipment and all associated operations with maximum workstation efficiency, which includes making quality parts with minimal scrap, achieving posted rates, and recording minimum indirect labor hours.
- Inspect parts machined by using gages and measuring equipment according to routings, drawing dimensions, quality plan dimensions and SPC chart tracking.
- Maintain paperwork and documentation and verify for accuracy, while reporting errors to supervisor.
- Understand and follow general shop practices as defined in the employee handbook.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Perform posted maintenance on equipment as required.
We are consistently accruing new contracts from customers, which provides a face-paced challenging environment! It is also a mentally engaging position with learning opportunities for growth. Qualifications to include a high school diploma or GED equivalent, or prior manufacturing experience (with strong mechanical ability), ability to provide great attention to detail, and capability of multi-tasking.
Pay for this position ranges from $20.00-$24.00 per hour or more (based on experience) and would be working full time on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift (2nd and 3rd shift has a 10% shift premium).