- Inspects machined parts and assemblies per job order traveler and customer specifications to ensure conformance to prints.
- Measures dimensions using precision hand measuring instruments and coordinate measuring machine.
- Compares surface finish of work piece to finish standard or by using surface profile measuring instrument.
- Test hardness of materials by using hardness testing machines.
- Performs receiving, first piece, in-process, and final inspection as assigned.
- Performs floor audits to verify part quality, in-process quality plans being followed and assist operators in process improvements.
- Notifies responsible employee and /or supervisor of any off-standard condition discovered on parts during inspection.
- Analyzes inspection reports and recommends process adjustments where needed.
- Provides machine operators with document interpretation.
- Issue gages per quality plan and record for recall.
- Reviews proper inspection technique with operators and application of gages.
- Assists training of new employees in print reading, usage of inspection tools, gages and other measuring devices.
- Initiates and/or completes required documentation as logs, move tickets, sign-offs, etc.
- Calibrates basic gauging equipment and records results in computer based program.
- Review gages that have been returned for repair and accuracy before restocking.
- Assists receiving personnel in receiving inspection as needed.
- Participates in employee quality training programs as needed.
We are consistently accruing new contracts from customers, which provides a face-paced challenging environment! It is also a mentally engaging position with learning opportunities for growth. Qualifications to include two years’ experience using basic inspection techniques, high School diploma or GED plus 2 years of progressive experience in metalworking. Ability to clearly communicate with employees, peers, management and with customers. Good mechanical aptitude, shop mathematics and understands machining processes.
Pay for this position ranges from $16.00-$20.00 per hour or more (based on experience) and would be working full time on 2nd or 3rd shift (2nd and 3rd shift employees also receive a 10% shift premium). We have an opening on 2nd and 3rd shift that we are looking to fill.